Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pizza Dough in Minutes! (No Yeast)

As promised, a no rise pizza dough recipe!  This recipe reminds me of the Robin Hood pizza crust envelopes that my mom used to make our pizza growing up.  This worked as a great fast lunch recipe.  It makes one crust on my pizza stone.  If I was going to use this for a quick supper I would have to double it for my crew. 

2 1/2 cups wheat flour (I used whole wheat white pastry flour)
2 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs oil
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs water

Mix dry ingredients. add the water and oil. Stir until it forms a ball. (I used the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid.  It worked like a charm.)  The dough will be soft, not sticky. Bake at 400°F for 15-25 minutes.  (No, I did not run out of cheese! Half of my kids are dairy-free.  They still love pizza though!)

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this out this week. I never thought about trying it without yeast before - it would make it even cheaper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic recipe, I have to admit I am very much stuck in a rut when it comes to Pizza recipes, so I will most definitely be trying this! What are your opinions on perhaps baking a pizza on a BBQ


    pizza making

    ReplyDelete
  3. This delectable cold caesars pizza proves that you can eat well even when you're eating healthy. A tube of refrigerated caesars pizza crust is baked, spread with some seasoned cream cheese and topped with nicely dressed salad fixings and moist chicken. can diabetics eat little caesars pizza

    ReplyDelete