Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mothering Their Hearts.

I love being a mom.  I feel truly blessed beyond measure.  My four babies are gifts from God.  But this is also harder than I could have imagined.  Motherhood has reviled my selfishness, my pride-my sin on a level that I never knew before.  Mothering has been described as a "beautiful mess," and that is quite accurate.

My daughter has been into using her stencil to draw hearts.  When I came across these verses in 2 Timothy and saw her picture sitting there,  I knew I needed to write them on her picture. I put it by my kitchen sink as a daily reminder of how to posture myself with kindness, gentleness and patience as I seek to nurture the hearts of my children.


" The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,"
2 Timothy 2:24-25


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great reflection. Sometimes I find patience hard to practice when things get complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from wonderfullymessymom. Children truly are a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have read this verse so many times before, but I just had that "AaHa," moment. I love how the Lord works that way! Thank you for coming to my party!!- BTW, love your blog!!
    ~Wonderfully Messy Mom (aka. Brandy)

    ReplyDelete