Thursday, May 17, 2012

French Toast Trois

My husband loves French Toast.  I am a pancake gal myself, but on Saturdays when he is around for breakfast I will sometimes make French Toast.  I have one basic recipe that I cook three different ways.
  • The first is your classic dip the bread and cook on the griddle, nothing fancy.
  • More often I will butter a 9x13, line it with bread (a thicker crusted bread works best for this) and pour my egg mixture on top and let soak in the fridge over night.  Then I pop it in the oven for 20 minutes in the morning, and breakfast is done.  (This one saves me morning clean up.  What a way to start the weekend!)
  • Our favorite way to cook French Toast is on the waffle maker.  (We are super original with this one and call them FrenchToast Waffles; creative, I know.)  You must try them this way.  The texture is wonderful.
And now that I am sitting here typing about French Toast I am suddenly hungry!  So let's go find your favorite bread and get your French Toast on!

4 eggs
1/2 cups of milk (can be d-free if you have to!)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup butter (coconut oil if your are d-free)
1/4 maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
At least 6 slices of your favorite bread.



This recipe is linked up at

Pennywise Platter Thursdays @ http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment