Sunday, April 8, 2012

Roasted Broccoli

A friend gave me a stack of magazines to read, and so on our recent trip to Omaha I got to sit down and page through them.  What fun!  I found a delicious looking d-free broccoli recipe from "The Old Schoolhouse."  I just tried it, and I think that I will be able to get three of the four kids to eat them.  (Jonah is fairly sure that broccoli will kill him.)  I adapted the recipe slightly because I found the way that it was written to be more complicated than it needed to be.  We are planning on planting broccoli in our garden this year, and I see some roasted broccoli on the menu.  Here is my adapted version.  Enjoy!


Broccoli (As much as you think your family will eat!)
Garlic powder
Salt
Olive Oil
Parmesan cheese (or if D-free go for nutritional yeast.)

Preheat oven to 425.  Wash and cut broccoli into florets.  Lightly coat them in olive oil.  (I just used my refillable spray can.) Place on oiled baking sheet.  Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.  Bake for 20-30 min.  (It depends on how big you cut your florets.) Sprinkle with Parmesan or nutritional yeast and devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment