Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Grandma Compton's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I must confess that when it comes to chocolate chip cookies I am a fan of the recipe on the back of the Nestlé's Toll House Chocolate Chips.  One problem for this family is that it uses butter.  This chocolate chip cookie recipe was requested by my sister's sweet friend who found our her precious little lady is allergic to milk, soy and corn.  This nursing mama told me yesterday that she hasn't had a cookie or anything sweet in over two months!  Ahh!  I told her I would type out a couple of recipes to get her some sweet relief!  The recipe comes from my mother's grandmother.  To make these dairy-soy-corn free I recommend using Palm Shortening and Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips!

Grandma Compton's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 C palm shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream together the first 4 ingredients.  Mix in the remaining ingredients (make sure the chocolate chips last!) Bake for 8-10 minutes (don't over bake!) on an ungreased cookie sheet.
If I am not feeling particularly ambitious I will put all the dough into a 9x13 pan and just cookie bars!

A bonus cookie bar recipe from Large Family Logistics.  She says to use olive oil if you are dairy free.  I use have liquid oil and half palm shortening. 

Palm Shortening on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment